Wednesday, April 13, 2011

God Called Me!

The mission trip was truly great and I felt the Call of God upon my life like never before. I knew as I ministered to those people on foreign soil that ministering is what I was made to do. I was coming into my own and I preached my very first sermon to those precious Indian people. God moved upon their hearts as I spoke. Woman after woman approached me and spoke about what an encouragement I had been to their hearts. I spent a long time praying and encouraging each one as they came to me. No one could have told me at that moment that I was not called to be a minister of the gospel. That trip placed a seed in my heart that refused to die.
Soon after getting home, and back into the swing of things, God opened this amazing door for me to move into my calling. Our regular worship leader was out on Thursday and was not able to play the piano for our prayer service. I did not usually attend the Thursday prayer meetings but that particular day I was there and just tinkering around on the piano in the sanctuary. As I was tinkering, the Pastor’s wife noticed me and asked me to play for the prayer meeting that day. I thought it was fantastic. It had been a few years since I had lead worship anywhere and my last attempt had gone terribly awry, so I was eager to get my feet wet playing and singing in such a relaxed setting. With only a few people attending the prayer meeting and the focus on prayer and not me, I thought that was just what I needed to not feel nervous.
I began to play and as I did it was like this river just started to flow out of me that was mixed with scented perfume. It was like this scented river flowed directly to the throne of God. I received the shock of my life as God began to use me in worship like He never had before, and as I looked around the room at all the prostrate people I was amazed at what God was doing, through me! The Pastor’s wife soon got up and began to prophecy that this day was my beginning in ministry and I should never forget that day.
I have never forgotten that day and it is the one day that God reminds me of when I ask Him why I went through the pain and agony of Spiritual Abuse. He reminds me of February 2, 2006 as the day that I began to walk into what He had called me to do. He called me in that church. Then He called me out of that church. There was purpose for me in that church. There is a purpose for me out of that church. The purpose for me out of that church is greater than the purpose for me in that church. That church was just my beginning, not my ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment