Tuesday, August 27, 2019

09/10/2018 Don't pray for me: Witchcraft in the church


I wrote this post on 9/10/2018 months ago but didn’t post it. I’m choosing to do so now.

Last night there was a simple message sent to my husband, that seemed innocuous at first; harmless in it’s intent and possibly even loving, but something didn’t sit right with me. I couldn’t put my finger on it at first, but something stank of manipulation and it had me searching scripture today on manipulation, witchcraft and the occult in the church. As I started researching and delving into what the word of God says about witchcraft, I was shocked and concerned and now I know why, such a simple message of “we are praying for you” concerned me so greatly.

That may seem silly. To be so concerned about something that should warm the hearts of most people, knowing that the individual loves and cares so much that they were praying. But what I don’t know, is what exactly were they praying?

I have long suspected this person’s intent and knew them quite intimately for a time, but during the course of that friendship didn’t quite pick up on what set me on edge about this individual's beliefs and what they were teaching in the church. But last night, it hit me what was so “off”. Witchcraft.

Witchcraft has infiltrated into the church in the form of prayer. Witchcraft is simply doing spells or incantations to get a desired outcome over a circumstance, or person. So I googled how to do a spell ...now that was eye opening. It literally involves seeking the gods for that person’s desire to be manifest in the natural world. An individual, will say essentially a prayer, and release it, believing it to be done. Sounds very church like doesn’t it? Some spells or incantations involve rituals or burning of papers or involving shells, some kind of symbolism involved. But the main part, is speaking out loud, the desired outcome, to over ride the Will of another! That desire is the caster imposing their will over that of the One true God, or the will of another individual. Doesn’t that sound like how some people in the church pray? I’ve heard of people naming and claiming their “blessing” of that person, house, job or situation to change in their favor. What if that person isn’t supposed to be that person’s spouse or friend, or business partner? What if that house isn’t God’s will? Oh, clay, can you say to the Potter, how you are supposed to be made?
Can you see how that would be an incantation or spell? Whose desire does it focus on? It focuses 100 percent on self, the desire and wishes of the caster.

Toxic churches and toxic leaders ALWAYS try and impose their Will and Desires upon the congregation in which they lead. The teaching is always that of self, as well as soft on sin, and soft on accountability. Incantation prayers are always used and it seems like these people are praying with such conviction the Will of God. I wish I would have realized this earlier, before I got involved in some of the churches I have in the past. Some will go so far as to rebuke individuals for hindering the “work of God” in their prayers. People will say things like that they are just praying in authority, but I’ve seen and heard people pray their agendas. I’ve even done it!
I, myself am so fearful of God today, that I will more than likely be praying only scripture for a while as I sort out what is my desires and what is God’s. I’m examining my own heart today and whether or not, I pray witchcraft prayers. Am I attempting to force my agenda upon God to do my will, or am I submitting to His will?

So why did that simple message of a woman telling my husband that she was praying for us concern me so greatly? For one, it was a married woman messaging my husband. For two, I’ve prayed often with this woman in the past and recognize in hindsight the prayers of witchcraft that I’ve heard and the false prophecies she’s spoken to manipulate others. I’d rather someone not pray over me and my family, the desires and agenda’s that she wants in place. I’d rather that God’s will be manifest in my family’s lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment