Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Resignation Letter

Monday, October 19, 2009


Dear Pastor _______-,

It is with a saddened heart that I turn in my resignation effective Nov. 1st 2009.
Back in August, I had mentioned that my season here at ________ was coming to a close. Recently the Lord has confirmed for me the end of this season. So I must go as the Lord has directed me.

It was by God’s direction that I came here to ________ and it’s by God’s direction that I go. I’ll always be extremely grateful of the opportunities, love, direction, comfort and support that I received from both of you and from the church. The blessings have been wonderful and the journey has been amazing. The both of you gave me opportunity where I wouldn’t have had one. I’m so grateful that you saw in me something of worth even when I doubted my own worth and the call that God has placed in me. I know that my days here at________ were ordained of the Lord.

That is why this is so difficult. Through many weeks of prayer and Godly counsel, I firmly believe that God is directing me to step out in faith and travel down a new path. The Lord has spoken to me very specifically of things that He has called me to do in the upcoming months. This decision has been the most difficult one I’ve had to make up to this point in ministry. The difficulty comes not in saying yes to the Lord, but in saying goodbye to the both of you and to my church family.

I’m confident that if God is leading me on to something new and wonderful then the same is true for all of you. God will not take from one at the expense of another. I firmly believe that God has a wonderful Praise and Worship leader just waiting in the wings that will take _________ into its next season. I pray blessings on the both of you and upon the church. I love you all and pray for God to exceedingly bless you abundantly.

I would love to continue to lead the people in worship over the next two weeks if you would allow me that honor. I leave with no regrets or ill-feelings, only with blessing in my heart. I do ask that the church allow me to have my un-paid vacation pay as I never had the opportunity to take vacation time while I was here. It would be greatly appreciated.

I really believe that your best days are yet ahead and I will continue to keep in touch.

Sincerely and gratefully,
Malinda Shepard

1 comment:

  1. I can identify with your feelings. It is the worse kind of person that hides manipulation behind Spirituality. I have been victim to that also and now I do not participate in any church. It doesn't mean that I don't believe. It just means that I don't believe in those people anymore.

    ReplyDelete